Friday, June 19, 2009

Taiwan Hokkien Opera

Last night , 老舅, 老舅母( pronounce in Hokkien) ,and 小舅 ask us to go to for to bukit batok to see Taiwan Hokkien Opera & dinner. Since i love to see Opera ( all sort of show) , mummy , ah ma agree to go .

When i reach there, first time i go is to see the Opera , what is the different between normal opera and opera from Taiwan . Firstly of course the language is different ( Hokkien) , secondly , the costume are very bright and shiny . During the show , i asked mummy what are they singing , but mummy cannot ans me , cos she does not know how to listen to the language and she does not appreciate watching this , at least ah ma and 公公 can explain to me .

When the show end , i wanted to take a picture with them , but most of them had took off their costume except one, and he is so kind to ask me to go up the backstage to take a picture with me , sitting on his lap .

He told 公公, mummy and 小舅 that they will be performing this coming 六月初十 at paya lebar temple, and the costume will be even nicer and prettier.

I have make mummy to bring me there on that day, if not for sure ah ma and 公公 will bring me there.

Below are some pictures :-





2 comments:

LEE-NG said...

aiyo, why nvr 'chio' my ah-ma...

next time call her if around west area coz she loves hokkien opera esp by YANG LIHUA! (but not your ah-ma hor):p

kkf said...

do u like the show? haha...seems so chim...